Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Compact Life & A Strangle in Time

I have been fighting against time these days. I want to wrestle it to the ground, strangle it for a few seconds, just long enough for it to get a little scared, and then point at it, while walking away, and say, "STAY THERE FOR A YEAR!" And in the meantime, I could do all the things that I want to do in a day. Hey, you could too, because I'd be making Time lay on the ground, paralyzed for an entire year, for everyone! I realize that my logic is slightly skewed...if Time was paralyzed, how would it be able to tell you that its one-year paralysis is over, and it can start moving again? Whatever; details, shmetails.

I love music and it will eventually be my career. After work, I work on music. I also like to paint and make fun jewelry. I also like to act and do improv. I also want to write a book. Where does every day go? Today is Thursday, and I feel like I just came back from the weekend. I am not complaining about being busy, because I don't mind that, but I am just wishing that I had more time in each day. Being at work for 9 hours every day is dumb. I don't care if that's "how it works". I'm saying it's dumb. We should all work 4 day weeks. Or how 'bout 4 and a half days? Who says that a 40 hour week is necessary? It's dumb. Here are your two days off - Saturday is the best day of the week, and Sunday, you feel a little depressed that it's not Saturday anymore. If I was aiming for a lifelong career in tax software, I'd be living the dream, man. But I'm not. I like those artsy things, and I get antsy when I don't have enough time for them. So I think my original idea is going to have to suffice. I will attempt to strangle Time.

If only I could find the time to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment