Thursday, February 2, 2012

Art and Weddings

My blog has been quite empty for some time now. I'm sorry, blog!

When I look at my last blog post, I think of ALL the things that have happened in the last 7 months. Funny enough, I was on an elimination diet at the time, and now I'm finishing the last few days of a 21 day cleanse. I have definitely given myself plenty of healthy breaks. Ample breaks. I'm ready for a beer.

I started my own jewelry line recently! In case you don't already know, go take a gander at my stuffs: www.etsy.com/shop/lovelaurenlanning

I've always wanted to make jewelry, and for years, I didn't know how to do it or if I'd ever be good enough. When I first posted a few items to Etsy, I was so nervous. That mean voice in my head was telling me that I'm not a real artist; that so many other people in the world can do much more amazingly artistic things; who was I kidding? I finally told that voice to shut it. When my very first order from a stranger in Canada came in, I wanted to blast the news through a loud speaker...instead I ecstatically whispered it to Frank at a Taco Bell. A stranger willingly purchased one of my necklaces. This was my validation.

On another note, I'm getting married in less than 5 months! 149 days, to be precise. And I'm already having wedding nightmares. I can't imagine what kind of dreams I will have when I'm 2 weeks away from my wedding. The only part of this planning stuff that has given me a headache is finding a venue. What a pain in the ass that is! All the packets and brochures and pricing and packages. Ugh. And some of those catering coordinator people are very self-rightous about their really awesome hotel. Give me a break. "Well, our pricing starts at $90 a person." OH. No thank you. "Mmmmm hmmmm, I'll send you the pricing." No thank you. Some of those people are nuts. I'm happy we found our venue and that our coordinator is normal.

So things are moving along nicely now! Very busy but going great!

...promise I'll be back sooner than 7 months...as long as I don't die in a cake-tasting fury..

No comments:

Post a Comment