Friday, August 21, 2009

Ah, life.

When I really think about it, after 27 (and a half) years on this planet, I still feel in awe of life. That sounds pretty ridiculous. I know. But it's true. I make myself crazy when I begin asking "Why?" I'm not a "religious" person, but I do believe in God. But I don't understand it. Like why we are all here in the first place. For God? But why? Because God wanted us here? But why? Where do we go after this? To Heaven? Hell? Another body? The open air? Nowhere? All these questions make me nuts. And it makes it worse when you think about it regarding someone you love who died. You want to believe that they are in Heaven, dancing with God, jumping on clouds, feeling free and loved and warm and happy. Or maybe that they are still around, giving you signs to say "Hello" and watching over you to keep you feeling free and loved and warm and happy. Or maybe their spirit has gone into a new body, in order to work out the problems from their last life. It makes you feel at ease to believe these things. But who knows for sure? And why can't we know for sure? It's a part of the mystery of life. One of the many "whys" that spins me in circles. It's frustrating as Hell. If Hell is in fact a frustrating place. I would think it is.

So, I will try not to ask why for a little while. Try not to fill up my mind with questions I can't answer. I will just believe and hope and love. And know that things are always ok, even without knowing why.

4 comments:

  1. Yo.....as someone who humbly has had some experience with "the other" i will say unequivocally that God (Generator, Operator, Destroyer) is manifest as light.....and i believe to be rather impersonal....it's not that the entity doesn't care, he just expects us to "get it" quicker than we are getting it! love and light (in the form of illumination, intellectually and spiritually) is the key and the search is always what we are searching for!! But beyond that, my favorite quote in the Bible is Matthew, Chap. 6 Vs. 22 because I have had that actual experience and no one can take that away......love....P. Slater
    PS: kinda helps to study under an Indian teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren,
    I drive myself nuts with these questions too. I don't know if you've read this poem, but this comes about as close as to what I believe than anything else. I'm not at all religious, but I think I'm spiritual (whatever that means). Here you go: www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15225.
    I'm sorry we couldn't be there last night, but we are really proud of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Famous,it is a frustrating place. Believe me, I have worked there on several occasions and it is just no fun.It's also hotter than the San Fernando Valley, if that is possible. I really can't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to go to hell. Heaven, on the other hand sounds pretty skippy to me. I've heard there are lots of sports bars and the Dodgers almost always win. Well, at least that's what I heard. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with your father. Indiana teachers are very good.

    Uncie J

    ReplyDelete